Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sushi...Mmmmm!

The first restaurant I went to here was a type of sushi restaurant that Americans call: "Sushi go round". Small colored plates with pieces of sushi are placed on mini conveyor belts that go right by the tables. The colors represent different prices. You take what you want, eat, and then they scan the plates to get your total. The scanning takes about 2 seconds. Call me crazy, but I love sushi! The more I eat it, the more I crave it! Trust me, this is heaven for any sushi lover. They have pretty much anything at this place. I did try eel for the first time (it's super tender and tastes like chicken) and also had some octopus. I wasn't brave enough to try the purple octopus legs sitting on a bed of rice, but concluded that maybe I would be in about a week. Later, I was trying to figure out what I eaten earlier (it was some kind of seafood salad on rice), so John (Kaylen's husband) tried the other piece for me. As soon as he put it in his mouth, he said "Tako", or octopus, so I had already eaten it already anyway! We had a good laugh out of that one! It wasn't too bad, just a little chewy!

This is a picture of a "sushi go round", but not the actual restarant we ate at. I forgot to bring my camera, so hopefully we'll go back!

No comments: