Saturday, June 28, 2008

Kumon

Now, I'm going to do my best to write about my last week there. A lot of it was filled with last minute shopping...trying to find the best deals and exactly what I wanted to take home with me. Thanks to Kaylyn for taking me all over the place!
On Friday, I stayed at the apt. to do some practicing and prepare for Sunday's group class. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but Sensei had given me a bunch of music to learn and I wanted to make sure I wasn't completely clueless!
On Tuesdays and Fridays, the girls go to Kumon to study Japanese (many Japanese children go to Kumon to get ahead or have extra help with the language and also math). There is a series of workbooks, so everyone goes at their own pace. Technically they are supposed to do 10 pages a day. Kumon centers are all over the place. After Kumon, we all went home and watched a movie.


No comments: