I was able to attend Church this morning, which was nice. I'd looked up meeting times on the website, but it didn't have specific location information. The other day, John happened to fly with an LDS pilot who told him where the church building was. Coincidentally, it was pretty close to where I'm staying, about 7-8 minutes away. It was a military branch, so in English, but I'm really glad I got to go...I think I'll make it back next Sunday. It was very small and everyone was nice. The Church is exactly the same...even in Japan!
I then drove up to Cape Zanpa with the family. It has a light house, parks, and beaches. It's been so fun to see everything!

Notice the giant red shi-shi dog...they are everywhere!

At the top of the lighthouse...more great views!


There was also a small animal park with goats, bunnies, roosters, ducks, rabbits, and turtles. Because of the clouds, the weather was breezy and not quite so hot for this time of year. Perfect walking-around-in weather!


We then spent some time on the beach. And fyi, my Japanese experience is now complete...I used the squatty potty! I'd been able to avoid it this entire time, until today. Not a normal, American toilet in sight. Anyway, there is a proper technique to it, which I was told in advance, so it really wasn't too bad, just a little weird. The nice part is you don't have to touch anything!
2 comments:
Wow! I didn't know you were going to Japan! How exciting. The photos are beautiful. I hope you are having a wonderful time!
It really IS such an incredible view from the lighthouse, and way to go with the squatty potty!!
Post a Comment