Cupie dolls are everywhere, dressed in all sorts of things. The one on the right is a goya, a spiny, bitter melon that is unique to Okinawa. Some people give it credit for Okinawans long lives. I just read that 5 times more Okinawans live to be 100 than those on mainland Japan and Japanese people have the longest average lifespan in the world! I haven't tried goya yet, but I've heard it's not too good.
Steps with US license plates.
Below, are their potatoes. The purple one, the sweet potato, is everywhere! It's sweet, of course, but has a slightly different flavor than ours, and they use it in a lot of desserts. I like it; it's just something to get used to. I guess they'd be probably just as surprised to see ours orange!
1 comment:
Ok, the snakes in the jars freak me out, but extremely interesting none the less. :)
Post a Comment