Sunday, June 15, 2008

Okinawa Aquarium

After the pineapple park, we went to Okinawa's aquarium, one of the best in the world. It was fun to see, too. A little pricey, but I definitely recommend it! These were cool...long skinny eels that stick out of the sand.

This is where we ate lunch. I heard that this tank is the largest one in the world...it's huge! The picture above is of a whale shark; it's definitely the biggest fish I've ever seen and there were quite a few of them in there.This is the same tank. There's a section that you walk underneath. The manta rays were so big and very playful...lots of fun to watch. The view of everything behind the aquarium: dolphin show, sea turtle tank, and manatees.
A flying dolphin. I'm really proud of this picture; don't know how I managed to catch it, but think it's really cool!I love sea turtles!
There was also a really fun play area that the girls loved. This is only one small section of it; it went on forever. Too bad it was only for kids ages 6-12!
Vending machines like these are everywhere on the streets, but this is the most I've seen together. They only have drinks in them and right now, they're all ice cold. In the winter, they also have hot drinks. They have all varieties: teas, sodas, juices, smoothies, water, energy drinks, and pudding and jelly drinks. People stop their cars in the middle of the road and block a full lane of traffic to get a drink.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ok, the eels sticking up out of the sand are kinda freaky, but so interesting! And that whale shark was incredible - the size of that tank is unbelievable, what an amazing experience for you!