This past week was the busiest one I've had since moving to Houston. My school had its 29th annual Suzuki workshop and we flew clinicians in from all over the country to teach our students and lead them in a final concert. Watching experienced Suzuki teachers instruct my students was very eye-opening and gave me a whole new perspective on my teaching. I learned so much! And, my students did a great job; everyone was so impressed with our program! Unfortunately, the day before the workshop began, I woke up with about half of my voice and the next day, it was completely gone. Luckily, I didn't have to teach at all that week and was happy to sit back and observe.
So cute!!
It was also an exciting week for me because Vera, SIUE's Suzuki program director and my Suzuki teacher trainer all through grad school, was one of the clinicians. It was fun to show her my life here. Though I kept her busy throughout the week, I was told I had to take her to see the "Presidents' Heads", gigantic busts of the presidents in this random lot not far from my apartment. No one really seems to know what they're doing there, but I think they're going to be moved to a park. This is something you definitely have to see to believe!
These Beatles are ginormous...about 4-5 times the size of the busts! Use the truck in the bottom left hand corner for perspective!
3 comments:
Love seeing all the pictures! It looks like you are having a lot of fun!!! And loving it down there!
I found your blog! I am excited to read about what you are up to these days. I will have to do it later, Jack has a doctor's appointment. Later!
Sorry if you hate being "tagged", but you're it. You can fill out this questionnaire if you want to! I'd love to find out what your answers would be, so see my blog for details. :D
Post a Comment