I spent most of today biking through Brazos Bend State Park with some friends. It was amazing...one of the best things I've done here so far! The weather was gorgeous...mid 70's and sunny and there were alligators everywhere! This is especially exciting for me because I usually don't have such good luck with these kinds of things. For example: 1. I've been on a couple whale-watching trips and have never seen a whale even though they were sure we would 2. A couple of summers ago, I went to 11-12 baseball games- major, minor, and little league and all winning teams. EVERY game was lost! I've been to several Cardinal's games since then and they still haven't won when I'm in attendance! 3. I have terrible luck with my bike: it's had countless flat tires, ran into someone, was hit by a car, and was stolen! (fyi...it was miraculously found a few days later!) 4. I don't think I've ever caught a fish and people I'm with rarely do (even though I've been fishing several times). My friend took me fishing once and promised we would catch several because he always did. Did we? NO! Did anyone in our group of about 10? NO! Anyway, I could go on and on, but that's the idea. I am still completely amazed that we saw so many alligators today! This was the first time I've seen them in the wild!
The very first one we saw!
Kristen was a lot braver than I was...she touched his tail!
Spanish moss everywhere...definitely in swamp land!
I love turtles! There was also a baby on the log, but it jumped into the water about 2 secs before I took the picture : (
Once the sun started going down, it got dark really fast! Jordan and I rode back the way we came, and it was really hard to see any alligators. There were still several up on the trail, and with all of the frogs and splashing noises, it was pretty creepy. Luckily, we made it out safely!
6 comments:
Don't worry...your friend was a lot braver that I would have been also. I guess they are so accustomed to seeing people, huh? Wow! And all the pictures were great!
Were you filming an episode of "Alligator hunter?" What are you, nuts?? The first time I went to girls camp was in Alabama and there was a sign at the swimming hole that read, "Please do not feed or molest the Alligators." And you want me to swim with them??
Hey Girl, Its been a long time! It was great to hear from you! It looks like you are having fun down there! It was nice to have my parents come and visit us! And yes we have had way to much snow. Every morning the kids ask is it summer yet? If you feel like you need snow feel free to come and get some! :)
heyyyyyy!! i'd better see pics of a new car on here soon!! :)
HEY!! we just had a YC meeting with north stake! and guess who was there...your sister! she looks just like you! it was weird me and cortney were just like..there twins!
Ok, so post again already!! I know you are up to some fun stuff. (And this is also a pep talk for myself by the way...I need to post about something that is important and happening in my day to day life). I hope you haven't posted lately because you are living it up and can't get a moment to sit down at the computer! :P
Post a Comment