Wednesday, January 16, 2008
My new laptop!!!
So, I now have a laptop again! I can upload pictures...finally! Too make a long story short, several months ago, I sent my computer to Dell so that they could fix a couple of problems. I waited and waited, called about it, and found out they had sent it to North Carolina (my address as of 4 years ago). I talked to this very nice woman in India who told me I should go check and see if it was still at that address. I tried to explain how impossible that was and she said that if they couldn't find it, they'd send me a replacement. Several days later, she called and said she'd checked with DHL and that my old laptop had been delivered that day. I couldn't believe they had found it so fast! Too good to be true, however; as soon as I picked up the box, I knew it was empty. I called again that night to talk to my Indian friend, but found out that was impossible, as I had called El Salvador. He promised me the same things, but I didn't hear from him again. A week later, I called again, this time got India. After months of frustration and hours on the phone, I was finally promised a new laptop! It came while I was on Christmas break and was waiting for me downstairs when I got back. I love it...it's a hundred times better than my old one! I just love how things often work out better than you expect them to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment